Top Reasons To Visit An Optometrist
By Kathleen Chester Submitted On January 13, 2011
According to Optometrists in Parker, Co, there are a number of reasons people visit an optometrist, as opposed to an ophthalmologist.
An optometrist is an eye specialist who provides primary eye care services of the following nature:
* They examine the eye for retinal diseases and other diseases like glaucoma and cataracts. In certain parts of the world, optometrists even treat these diseases
* They diagnose certain body conditions that ultimately affect the eye including hypertension or diabetes
* They diagnose and treat visual conditions like astigmatism, nearsightedness, farsightedness and presbyopia.
* They detect and correct vision problems through the prescription of glasses and contact lenses. They may also offer rehabilitation of vision problems through medication and minor surgical procedures.
An Ophthalmologist is an MD for the eye and is trained to provide full eye care and has the training to carry out delicate and complicated eye surgery. On the other hand, an optometrist completes and O.D (Doctor of Optometry) and is equipped to treat problems with vision and undertake minor surgeries.
According to expert optometrists in Parker Co, it is time to visit an optometrist, when:
* A patient requires basic eye exams, regardless of their age
* A patient requires their contact lenses or eyeglasses examined
* When young children require pediatric eye exams in Parker, Co
* When patients require specialty contact lens fittings like bifocals, high-astigmatism lenses, lens that is worn after surgery and so on
In addition to this, Optometrists also help when patients require highly specialized eyewear for different reasons. For instance:
* Parents often require a large selection of children’s eyewear when selecting glasses or lenses for them. An Optometrist will help.
* Often, people require special designer eyewear that is usually not found anywhere else. In this day and age where perceptions matter more than anything else, it pays to go to an optometrist.
* Specialized sportswear is another reason to visit the optometrist. Specialized sports goggles like ski goggles are provided by optometrists.
There are many reasons people like to go to an optometrists for their vision problems. Optometrists are not so much into eye care as they are into vision care. Therefore, they use state of the art detection systems and eye exams to diagnose the minutest of problems. They are also equipped to deal with these problems in the best possible manner. They can provide a wide variety of solutions for their patients.
When selecting an optometrist, it is important to choose a reputed specialist in the area. The optometrist must have a reputation for accurate eye exams. They must also provide the best solutions in a time bound manner.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Kathleen_Chester/271094